[Histonet] Conventional Tissue Processors

DKBoyd <@t> chs.net DKBoyd <@t> chs.net
Wed Nov 4 11:03:24 CST 2009

We have 2 Shandon Excelsiors.  We absolutely love them.  Great processing
and the time saved by not having to rotate reagents is wonderful.  We have
had very little problems with ours.  One is 6 years old and the other is
1.5 years old.  The older one has had a few problems that we have
attributed to the move (when we moved from an old facility to a new one).
The new one hasn't had any problems.
Hope this helps.

Debbie M. Boyd, HT(ASCP) I Chief Histologist I Southside Regional Medical
Center I
200 Medical Park Boulevard I Petersburg, Va.  23805 I T: 804-765-5050 I F:
804-765-5582 I dkboyd <@t> chs.net

"Bell, Lynne" <Lynne.Bell <@t> cvmc.org>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
11/04/2009 11:10 AM

"histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Conventional Tissue Processors

We are in the process of purchasing a new tissue processor to replace an
aging Tissue-Tek VIP E300.  I would love to have opinions on the following
processors - Leica ASP300 S,   Shandon Excelsior ES, and Tissue-Tek VIP 6.
 Obviously, reliability is the utmost concern.  I would also like to know
from those in the New England area how service is for any of these
processors.

Thank you,

Lynne Bell, HT (ASCP)
Lead Histologist