[Histonet] Laboratory Licensing

Pratt, Caroline Caroline.Pratt <@t> uphs.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 4 09:46:46 CST 2009

We were recently surveyed by the Joint Commission.  We have our
laboratory at one physical address and our Dermatopathologists at
another physical address (the hospital).  The surveyor indicated that we
need a separate CLIA and state license for the hospital location where
the slides are being read even though no tests are performed there.
These are high complexity Tissue Pathology.  Has anyone heard of this
before or have a similar set up and how are you licensed.  It doesn't
sound accurate to me.  My understanding was that any test being
performed required licensure, I have never heard of laboratory licensure
being required for the reporting of results.  Please provide any
assistance or experience you can!!! Thanks!

Caroline M. Pratt, MBA

Practice Administrator

Dermatopathology

UPHS

3700 Market Street, Ste 312

Philadelphia, PA 19104

phone 215-349-8178

fax 215-662-6150

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.