[Histonet] BSL-2 question

Va Paula Sicurello vapatpxs <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 11:32:53 CST 2009

Hello Everybody out there in virus land,

I am getting a room ready for BSL-2 level virus imaging.  I can't get any information regarding how safe the cells are once the virus has been transfected (?) in to them.

I have a BSL-2 level bio-hood, I have a room with a door and I have a brand, spanking new deconvolution with FRET and an incubator for live cell imaging.

I need to know if the people in the room are safe from the virus once it's inside the cells.  I can't get the air pressure changed in the room so I need to know what other precautions we might need to take.

Thanks to all who can give me any pertinent information.

Paula  :-)

 Paula Sicurello
VA Medical Center San Diego
Veterans Medical Research Foundation (VMRF)
Core for Micro Imaging(C-MI)
3350 La Jolla Village Dr., MC151
San Diego, CA 92161
858-552-8585 x2397