[Histonet] Her2 fixation question

Carol Fields Fields <@t> Northside.com
Tue Nov 3 08:22:47 CST 2009

Thank you all for help with the Her 2 policy.  I was really stuck
writing the processing piece.  I was able to finish the policy ....now
to get our docs to pass it.
THX again for the great help!
Carole

Carole Fields, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Northside Hospital
Atlanta, GA 30342
carol.fields <@t> northside.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Shirley
A. Powell
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:17 PM
To: Histonet (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)
Subject: [Histonet] Her2 fixation question

I am sending this email for a friend who is having problems posting to
histonet right now.  Please reply to her at
carol.fields <@t> northside.com<mailto:carol.fields <@t> northside.com> and not
me.

>From Carol Fields
She writes:

Hi Netters,

I am attempting to write a processing schedule (VIP) for  breast bx's
and breast tx for Her2 fixation.  We send the blocks out for testing but
I cannot get my brain around this schedule for the processing piece.
The lab is 24 hours with only one person from 7pm until 10 pm.  We work
weekends also.  Would someone please let me know how they schedule the
fixation and processing of these specimens.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Carole

Carole Fields, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor