[Histonet] Sakura film coverslipper xylene residue issue

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri May 29 07:52:14 CDT 2009

The solution is not drying the slides but regulating the amount of xylene dispensed over each section before the film rolls over than, in spite of what you think, has to be excessive.
Being a new instrument I think that you are better off by asking the Sakura sales person.
René J.

--- On Fri, 5/29/09, Scott <lscott <@t> sfcn.org> wrote:

From: Scott <lscott <@t> sfcn.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Sakura film coverslipper xylene residue issue
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, May 29, 2009, 1:03 AM

Hi,
    We have a newer Sakura film coverslipper, does anyone have experience with this piece of equipment. I have a problem with the slides having a light xylene residue, after the slides come off of the coverslipper.

How do you dry them? If I leave the slides on the coverslipper to air dry the xylene residue is noticeable. If I lightly wipe off all of the slides as they come off the coverslipper they look clean.

How do you guys do it? I think it is a waste of time to wipe off all of the slides. I don't think the xylene flow is too high.

Thanks for your help,

Scott Hendricksen HT(ASCP)