[Histonet] LFB and DAB: do they play nice together?

Tyrone Genade tgenade <@t> gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:44:55 CDT 2009

Hello,

Sorry to be a pest, but normally responses come quite quick to queries
so I'm figuring that maybe my last query never registered (this being
the wake of Memorial Day weekend and all...).

Has anyone out there tried DAB on sections and thereafter stained with
luxol fast blue-cresyl violet? I'm looking at neurogensis in the brain
of fish and want to be able to get a good idea of which layers the
DAB+ nuclei are lying in. Any other suggestions for a counterstain
that can be used on DAB stained sections?

I'm adjusting the DAB color with Cobalt Chloride, which should change
it from brown to blue-black---maybe not the best idea with LFB. What
about when using copper or nickle?

Thanks
--
Tyrone Genade