[Histonet] Slide Clips for Shandon Linistain GLX

alan taylor aj.taylor <@t> blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 26 06:52:06 CDT 2009

Hi to everyone in Histoland

We have a Shandon Linistain GLX that we use for our H & E staining. The problem we have is that the plastic clips used to attach the slides to the chain drive are no longer available. The stubs have broken on many of our clips preventing their attachment to the chain links and rendering them unusable. We depend heavily on this machine for our work and now have only a small supply of useable clips.

Does anyone know of a possible 'second supplier' source of these clips, anywhere in the world? Or does anyone have any of these clips gathering dust in a store room somewhere that we could use. Any assistance or information would be greatly appreciated.

Alan Taylor BSc(Hons), FRMS
Microtechnical Services
Exeter. Devon. UK