[Histonet] cloudy formalin in vip processor

Christine I. Braaten CBraaten <@t> Cheshire-Med.COM
Tue May 26 04:26:25 CDT 2009

Dennis,

We do a warm water flush every Tuesday. We generally have between 40 and
120 blocks a day. Most of our specimens are GI biopsies but we do have
things like uterus, breast tissue, tonsils, things like that. Knock on
wood we have not had a blockage in the 9 years we have been using our
processor. Our biggest problem is the pathologists dissatisfaction with
how our GI biopsies look (dry, cracked). That could be because we run
them on the overnight schedule with our big surgical specimens. I
mentioned washing the specimens to one pathologist and she's not really
up for doing that. So, we'll keep trying and see what happens. Have a
great weekend.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by electronic mail and destroy all copies of the original message.