[Histonet] Determining MHC Haplotype in Pigs

Merced M Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Fri May 22 12:33:41 CDT 2009

I think I will re-phrase an earlier post of mine from yeserday inquiring
immunophenotyping in pigs.  :-) Would I would actually like to know is how
to determine the MHC haplotype of a pig. (Their MHC is called SLA).
Preferably using immunohistochemistry or flow cytometry.

What we ultimately would like to do is grow certain pig cells in vitro and
then inject them back into any pig of the same haplotype without risk of
immune rejection.

Any help or any pointers to a reference would be helpful! Thank you and
have a nice long weekend for those celebrating the holiday....

Merced M Leiker
Cardiovascular Medicine
348 Biomedical Research Building
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY  14214
leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
716-829-6118

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.