[Histonet] Bone!

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Thu May 21 11:54:20 CDT 2009

I do not routinely perform decalcified bone preparations as I predominantly utilize undemineralized resin (MMA) applications, so maybe someone else can better respond to this question. However, I would say that you could store your bone in 70% EtOH until you are ready to process, but the length of time in solution storage may cause you problems down the road since you have already decalcified. I think that a prolonged storage time might make your bone hard again....if that makes any sense....and cause you a fit later when you go to the microtome. Typically, I store undemineralized bones at either 10% NBF or 70% EtOH depending upon what I care to see at the microscope.

Jack