[Histonet] HRP-labeled primary antibodies

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu May 21 09:52:14 CDT 2009

I got some great ideas.  Thanks everyone!
Kim
 Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Cambridge, MA

________________________________
From: "anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu" <anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu>
To: Kim Merriam <kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com>; Histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>; ihcrg <@t> googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:48:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] HRP-labeled primary antibodies

If there is enough of the antigen in the tissue or sample you can detect without amplification. HRP/DAB is an enzymatic reaction so it is also is amplification. I would try it the straight up way before diving into more complex protocols.

Alternatively another option would be that you could try to come in with a secondary antibody (either HRP labeled itself or biotinylated). If your secondary is a polyclonal - which most are - it should still be able to detect the primary even with the HRP attached. Worth trying anyway.