AW: Re: AW: [Histonet] Chemicals that inactivate the primaryantibody

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Mon May 18 13:46:32 CDT 2009

Hi Frauke,
I've read the abcam protocol. They don't indicate what species the ab's =
are
from. Or I've overlooked it.
What is the reason, why the second secondary ab doesn't bind to the =
first
primary ab?=20

Gudrun

-----Urspr=A8=B9ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dr. Frauke Neff [mailto:nefff <@t> staff.uni-marburg.de]=20
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Mai 2009 18:17
An: tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Cc: Rene J Buesa; gu.lang; Merced MLeiker; histonet
Betreff: Re: Re: AW: [Histonet] Chemicals that inactivate the
primaryantibody

Hi TF,
we do IF with two 1.ABs out of mice using a sequential protocol from =20
abcam: www.abcam.com/technical
We perform a second blocking step with serum (higher conc. than the =20
first one) after the first Fluorescence was added, do not perform =20
another retrieval procedure (my ABs need the same) and perform the =20
following incubation steps in the "dark" (we switch the light off and =20
cover the slides after adding the ABs) to prevent fading.

Until now, I was sure, this procedure works but maybe the two antigens =20
don't colocalize but it is just a staining artifact ;-)

Hope this helps,

Frauke