AW: [Histonet] Chemicals that inactivate the primary antibody

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon May 18 09:31:22 CDT 2009

I am completely confused.
IF you have an epitope in the tissue and you react with it an specific antibody "that is it". The epitope will have reacted and I do not see any way in which you can add another antibody to that initial epitope. From the reactive point of view, the epitope is "blocked" to react with another, unless the reaction is not totally specific and "there is room for another".
I just cannot imagine a way of doing this.
René J.

--- On Mon, 5/18/09, Merced M Leiker <leiker <@t> buffalo.edu> wrote:

From: Merced M Leiker <leiker <@t> buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: AW: [Histonet] Chemicals that inactivate the primary antibody
To: tifei <@t> foxmail.com, gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 9:42 AM

Hi TF and all interested,

I think I know what you want, but unfortunately I don't know how to answer
your question (it is something I'd like answered myself!!)  To re-word for
the sake of all interested:

You want to perform double-immunofluorescent staining using 2 primaries
that were raised in the same species.

An additional question for clarification is: Do you want to do this on
paraffin or frozen sections?

Maybe someone can help figure it out...

Merced

--On Sunday, May 17, 2009 2:16 AM +0800 TF <tifei <@t> foxmail.com> wrote:

> But the heat also damage the fluorescnece...
> u need specific amplication kit anyway.
>

> 2009-05-17
>

> TF

Merced M Leiker
Cardiovascular Medicine
348 Biomedical Research Building
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY  14214
leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
716-829-6118

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.