[Histonet] wright-giemsa stain on tissue

Medea McGraw mmcgraw <@t> phenopath.com
Wed May 6 16:24:03 CDT 2009

Renee,
 I was just looking in the histonet archives concerning doing a Wright
Giemsa stain on FFPE tissue. We have a a FFPE cell pellet and was wondering
the protocol on how you would stain this tissue? In the past, I have
performed Wright Giemsa stains only on BAL¹s / cytospins and therefore I am
unsure of how to properly stain the researchers tissue. Any idea? Input on
how to go about doing this? What if you were to rehydrate down to water and
perform the test from there? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Medea
--
Medea J. McGraw BS, HT, HTL(ASCP) CM
IHC Research Histotechnologist

intended recipients and may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original message, or you may call PhenoPath Laboratories, Seattle, WA U.S.A.
at (206) 374-9000.