[Histonet] Charging for requested slides

tbritten tbritten <@t> aol.com
Wed May 6 14:28:17 CDT 2009

just an idea...has any one asked the lawyer what they charge their clients for these slides, etc...tom britten

In a message dated 05/06/09 15:28:33 Eastern Daylight Time, mucram11 <@t> comcast.net writes:

I totally agree with getting the money upfront.  Think about it the lawyer is going to charge the client for getting the slides whether you do or not.  Your time is valuable and should be compensated by whatever hourly rate you feel you/your laboratory spent for the extra effort and reagents.  Don't give away your work and time.

Pam Marcum

UPENN Vet School

New Bolton Center

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Cartun" <Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org>
To: "Bill O'Donnell" <billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net>, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:14:02 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Charging for requested slides

Yes and, in addition, we collect payment before we do any of the work.  Occasionally, after being informed of our charges, they cancel their request(s).

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimens
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> "O'Donnell, Bill" <billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net> 5/6/2009 2:54 PM >>>
Greetings,

>From time to time we get requests from law firms and other outside
agencies to supply recuts and/or h&e slides. Sometimes these requests
can be time-consuming. Is anyone out there charging for these services?

William (Bill) O'Donnell, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Lead Histologist
Good Samaritan Hospital
10 East 31st Street
Kearney, NE 68847