[Histonet] CAP Question

Jodie Robertson jrobertson <@t> pathologysciences.com
Wed May 6 14:13:27 CDT 2009

How many slides you do a year is what we did and it passed CAP.  We keep
track of how many special stains, IHC and H&E a year in slides.

Jodie Robertson, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Pathology Sciences Medical Group
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Laurie
Colbert
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:32 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] CAP Question

I would like to know how others interpret this CAP question ANP.21350:
"Does the histology laboratory maintain records of the number of blocks,
slides, and stains prepared"

As far as the stains go - do you interpret this to mean do you keep
track of the number of stains performed (as in, how many special stains
do you do a year), or do you keep track of the number of stock stain
solutions actually prepared?

Laurie Colbert