[Histonet] Control & pt on same slide

Jodie Robertson jrobertson <@t> pathologysciences.com
Wed May 6 09:20:00 CDT 2009

Sure.  It looks like below except make the letters backwards.

		CONTROL
		PATIENT

Our tech went to a business supply store in her home town and requested
to have a stamp made.  You can get a stamp made for anything.  It was
approximately $20.00 and she got a stamp pad and ink.  We all talked
about it for a while as we label the slides for the control pretty much
as soon as we coverslip the slide.  We coverslip by hand, so the
coverslip isn't dry yet, therefore we decided it was easier to label the
back of the slide.  It's hard to write backwards for some, so we had
some dyslexic moments.   The stamp eliminated the dyslexia, it was
neater and easier to read.  Our pathologist wanted it labeled the
complete word, not just drawing a line and using "C" and "P" to indicate
like we tried to do.  The ink doesn't come off unless it comes in
contact with alcohol.  If the stamp is smeared, we remove it with
alcohol and repeat it.  It dries right away and everyone seems happy
with the results.  If you have a tape automatic coverslipper, you could
just stamp the front as they stay put, unlike a glass coverslip done by
hand.

We also called around to see if we could get coverslips made stamped
with this and Erie Scientific would make it for us, but at a ridiculous
cost as they thought it would compete with their red box slide or etched
glass slide.

Hope this helps.

Jodie Robertson, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Pathology Sciences Medical Group