[Histonet] Control & pt on same slide

Jodie Robertson jrobertson <@t> pathologysciences.com
Wed May 6 08:42:19 CDT 2009

We had to do away with the red control box slides due to having some
staining issues with the Benchmark.  One of our techs came up with a
stamp that we stamp the back of our slides with Control on top, a line
and patient on the bottom and we stamp it in the middle between the
control and the patient on the back of the slide.  The letters are
reversed on the stamp so we can do this.  It works really well and the
pathologists are happy with this.  It is better than handwriting.

Jodie Robertson, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Pathology Sciences Medical Group
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sebree
Linda A
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 2:40 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Control & pt on same slide

Histonetters,

As a cost savings measure, we are considering doing away with using "red
box" control slides.  We would still like to put our control tissue on
the same slide as our patient tissue.  These are my questions:  are
people doing this and if so are you putting the control tissue on the
top or bottom of the slide and how do you indicate which tissue is
patient and which is control?  Thanks for your responses.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792