[Histonet] Problems with Cutting

Peggy Bisher mbisher <@t> Princeton.EDU
Tue Mar 31 15:05:47 CDT 2009

Hi Histonetters,

I have someone here who is having problems with their samples (mouse lung
and mammary). It appears that the sample is very brittle when she cuts and
in addition, some of the paraffin around the sample in the cassette is very
white in color instead of the normal translucent color. I think it is poor
infiltration of some kind.

I told her about this great resource, this website, and I told her I would
get lots of helpful responses.

If anyone would like a picture, I could send you one.

Thank you,

Margaret E. Bisher
Electron Microscopy & Histology Core Facility Manager
Department of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Moffett Laboratory, Room 113
Princeton, New Jersey