[Histonet] AO Blade holder

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 14:32:46 CDT 2009

With the lever loose, tight the two screws in a way that the blade is free and can be moved in any direction. The lever will lock the blade and it should be tighten "all the way".
René J.

--- On Tue, 3/31/09, David Waugh <dwaugh <@t> kent.edu> wrote:

From: David Waugh <dwaugh <@t> kent.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] AO Blade holder
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 3:08 PM

> I have a question regarding a AO disposable blade holder (Cat# 824). This
link should show a picture of a similar one
www.usedmicroscopes.com/images/AO820Microtome.jpg

> The blade is tightened with a lever on the right that rotates a d-shaped
cam. Two screws are used the set the tension that the cam places on the blade,
once set, the cam will tighten and loosen the blade. The back of the holder is
concave, and the front part convex, so that when tightened, the blade will bow.
I have not been able to find any documentation on how tight the blade should be.
It sounds like most holders have flat surfaces that clamp the blade, which I
would think would have very different tightness requirements. Any ideas from
someone who uses this type of holder on how the two screws should be set?
Thanks, David