[Histonet] (no subject)

Debra.Ortiz <@t> uchospitals.edu Debra.Ortiz <@t> uchospitals.edu
Tue Mar 31 09:30:18 CDT 2009

We are currently handling all prostate, lung, heart, and breast biopsies
as fine needle biopsies (FNB). We cut 10 slides 3 of which are used for
H&E's and the rest as unstained plus slides. What has happened is that
we throw thousands of unused expensive slides a year because they are
not used. Is there a general standard in practice out there for FNBs?
Unfortunately, with the economy the way it is; and trying always to find
ways to bring down expenses this seems counteractive.

Thank you

Debi

Debra Ann Ortiz

Chief Medical Technologist

The University of Chicago Medical Center

Room E-602-A

5841 S. Maryland Avenue

Chicago, Il 60637

phone: 773.702.5237

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are
communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and destroy all copies of the transmittal.

Thank you
University of Chicago Medical Center