[Histonet] Glycerol jelly with an anti-fading agent?

Pumla Pamla-Gutter pumla.pamla <@t> gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:25:07 CDT 2009

Does anyone know if it is OK to add an anti-fading agent such n-propyl
gallate to glycerol jelly? I know it is ok to add it to buffered glycerol,
but the problem with just using the buffered glycerol, is that it does not
solidy and so my tissue sections(250umthick sections) are at risk of drying
out. The way we make our glycerol jelly is with gelatin powder, water, and
glycerol. Are there any adverse reactions with the gelatin and the
anti-fading agent?
Thanks,
Pumla Pamla-Gutter

Ohio State University