[Histonet] RNA and DNA yields from Laser Microdissection

Barone, Carol cbarone <@t> NEMOURS.ORG
Wed Mar 25 10:46:03 CDT 2009

Histonet: I have a couple questions I would like to throw out to the experts:

1. Do you think higher yields of DNA /RNA in LMD are related to protocol, method differences from one instrument to another ( i.e. catapult verses,, gravity drop, verses,
arcturus melt system...or more related to histologist v. research tech handling of the sample?

2. How do you feel about frozen verses paraffin as related to yield and quality in LMD/LCM?