[Histonet] Frozen section

McNabola, Angela lamcna <@t> bpthosp.org
Wed Mar 25 09:50:08 CDT 2009

We require a form for each specimen.  Yes, the subsequent forms may have
less information (i.e. procedure being performed), but all have the
patient id information, sample type and description, etc.  They are
treated as separate samples.

-Angela

Angela McNabola, MS,HT(ASCP)SLS, QIHC
Manager Histology/Cytology
Department of Pathology
Bridgeport Hospital
267 Grant Street
Bridgeport, CT  06610
phone: 203-384-4434
lamcna <@t> bpthosp.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Martin,
Gary
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:43 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Frozen section

We need to make a change in the way we presently account for our frozen
section while doing them.  Presently we receive the requisition with the
first specimen, then pathology is responsible to account for any
subsequent specimens.  The problem is that the subsequent specimens are
typically labeled poorly, and we are trying very hard to conform to the
CAP guidelines. So ... when the specimens are not labeled in detail, it
requires follow up calls to gain the proper information.  I would like
to know how other facilities are handling multiple frozen sections.

Thanks

Gary