[Histonet] Quality Improvement

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Mon Mar 23 10:13:11 CDT 2009

I'm curious as to what others do, if anything, to document corrective
actions or improvements for H&E staining and/or tissue processing.  For
example, I made changes to my biopsy processing program and to my breast
processing program which helped improve the cutting quality of both
types of tissue.  I also had to make various changes to my H&E staining
program when we received hematoxylin and eosin from a new vendor.  Would
you document these changes somewhere?  Would you have one general
binder, for example, that would just be an ongoing log of
changes/improvements, or would you document the changes and keep with
the equipment?  I'm just thinking this might be something that a CAP
inspector would ask for, although I don't see any specific CAP question
on the checklist.

Laurie Colbert