[Histonet] Immunoflourescence controls for derm specimens

jodiputnam <@t> aol.com jodiputnam <@t> aol.com
Sun Mar 22 13:03:40 CDT 2009

I need some info on obtaining controls for my immunoflourescence stains. I work in a derm lab, just opened. I just did?IF on a skin punch IgA, IgG, IgM and C3. In the past I used positive patient skins for controls for everything except when I needed to run fibrinogen, I used kidney tissue for control.? I was instructed to use tonsil for the IgA, IgM and IgG this time. I have never used tonsil before. Has anyone else? The doctor didn't think the tonsil reacted as positively as it should. What are you all using for controls for the panel I just listed? Obviously obtaining control tissue is difficult, especially in a start up lab. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jodi