[Histonet] Paraffin Block triming Thanks for the info

Scott lscott <@t> sfcn.org
Thu Mar 19 23:54:32 CDT 2009

Well thanks for all of the input. We have always scraped the blocks with an empty cold basemold, and it works fine. I had recieved an        e-mail advertisment from one of our suppliers, it had a picture of the TBS brand Shur Trim block trimmer. I was just thinking it might save a little time, and mess.

We use the Simport cassettes with a metal lid. I have found that if I dont have enough paraffin to scrape a little off the sides, it usually doesn't have enough to securly hold the specimen. Sometimes that causes sectioning issues. So I over do it a little to save myself the trouble of re-embedding. Just one of my quirks I guess.

Thanks again,

Scott Hendricksen HT (ASCP)