[Histonet] Paraffin Block trimming

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Thu Mar 19 09:57:12 CDT 2009

Don't know what to say.........I fill mine up and as long as I don't get to rough with it (bump it or something where it sloshes) I don't have any excess paraffin around the edges.  I use metal base molds.

Jeanine Bartlett
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Merced Leiker [mailto:leiker <@t> buffalo.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:56 AM
To: Martin, Gary; Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED); Paula Pierce; Histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Paraffin Block trimming

Now I'm interested in how you embed so as to not have to scrape...if i don't add enough wax (enough to end up rising around the edges of the cassette, hence the scraping later), i don't get a secure hold of the block to the cassette...

ML

--On Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:37 AM -0700 "Martin, Gary"
<gmartin <@t> marshallmedical.org> wrote:

> No you're not the only one ... I was wondering the same thing ... why all
> the scraping.  It seems to me that clean embedding does the trick with a
> few exceptions.  G

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 Biomedical Research Building
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.