[Histonet] cryoprotection possible?

nefff <@t> staff.uni-marburg.de nefff <@t> staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 18 09:07:32 CDT 2009

We tried nearly everything for the noradreanline IHC and did't get any
staining. After several calls with the techs of the company, they told
me I've to do a glutaraldehyd fixation, every other fixation will wash
the noradrenaline out of the tissue (even the cryosection did't give a
stain).
Using adrenal glands as positive control, I got a weak positive stain
using the GA-Fixation. But I'm not happy with this, because the
samples I got are FFPE or snap frozen. So what to do to proceed?
Because I don't know any way back through the formalin fixation, I
decided to go on with the snap frozen tissue.

I would be very happy, if someone would tell me: "Hey, thats all
bullshit, you just need the antibody XXX of the company YYY and
verything will work fine with this noradrenaline IHC"

Until this happens, I try with the snap-frozen material, keep my
fingers cross, throw pennies in every fontaine, rub oil-lamps and lion
noses....

You see, I'm desperately needing help,

Frauke

Zitat von anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu: