[Histonet] IHC stainer

Julie Trejo jtrejo2 <@t> slu.edu
Fri Mar 13 14:41:06 CDT 2009

I suggest using the Leica Bond-Max.  I, an HT(ASCP)cm, did not have any IHC
experiance, but the Bond-Max makes it happen.  Just putting dried slides on,
patient info in the computer, slides labeled and then in 3-4 hours, it's all
done.  Just dehydrate and clear.  Very simple and now giving me time to
learn IHC and troubleshooting.  Some of the antibodies come "Ready to use"
from Leica, and we titer others that aren't "Ready to use" (Biocare, Dako
etc).
   I've seen co-workers in the past struggling with immuno's using the Dako,
and taking alot of time and still counter-staining by hand.  The Bond-Max
allows us (just three of us) to do all routine H&E's, special stains,
recuts, deepers and Immuno's in one day. Not bad.

Julie

--
Julie Trejo, HT(ASCP)cm

Saint Louis University