[Histonet] Buy-outs Who owns Who

Akemi Allison-Tacha akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 12:14:51 CDT 2009

Happy Friday the 13th Histonet!

Forewarning, this is a little long.  There seems to be a lot of discussion as of late, to all the buy outs, and who owns who.  I have been following this trend for several years with great interest.  It is amazing how pricing, customer support and service, varies from one company to another, even though they are owned by the same parent company.  I can certainly understand and relate to the frustration and anger of the end-user. There is so much disconnection within the companies!  We need a score card to keep up with all the changes!  I maybe wrong, but I don't think the sales reps even know the ownership tree.  I put a tree at the end of this correspondence that I think is correct.

I recently had a conservation with a HR rep from Thermo/Fisher, and she didn't even know who Peter Scheu was.  Pretty telling of the knowledge out there.  HR should at least know who is at the top of the chain!

Quote: Peter Scheu has been Group President, Clinical Diagnostics of Apogent Technologies Inc. since September 2000. Mr. Scheu served as the President of Richard-Allan Scientific Company (“Richard-Allan”) from 1997 to 2000 and as Executive Vice President of Richard-Allan from 1995 to 1997.

Let's dispell the confusion and please correct me if I am wrong.

The ownership trees:
Parent Company: Apogent Technologies Inc
Thermo/Fisher
Richard Allan
Microm
Lab Vision
Neomarkers Antibodies

Parent Company: Danaher
Leica Microsystems
Vision Biosystems (Bond)
Novacastra
NEW-Suripath
NEW-McCormick

Regards,
Akemi

Akemi Allison-Tacha BS, HT (ASCP) HTL
President
Phoenix Lab Consulting
Specializing in Histology, SS, IHC, & TMA
Tele: (425) 941-4287
E-Mail: akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com