[Histonet] blades

Webb, Dorothy L Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com
Fri Mar 13 11:59:29 CDT 2009

Kind of a "Friday" type of question inasmuch as it could open some
"cutting" remarks.......how do others handle microtome blades that are
not totally used?  Our situation is that we use the more expensive
"teflon coated" blades for certain tissues that are more delicate or
difficult to obtain the most optimal sections and use the ceramic coated
blades for routine microtomy. Obviously, the techs are oftentimes going
to have a blade with an area that is still very usable and the dilemma
is a safety issue as to where to place/store blades that are not ready
to discard!  Any good ideas???  Appreciate any "kind" ideas!!
Thanks.....
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.