[Histonet] DI water

LINDA MARGRAF LINDA.MARGRAF <@t> childrens.com
Fri Mar 13 10:31:22 CDT 2009

Here's a message from Jennifer....(please respond to the list or her directly.... thanks)

Hi everyone,
   We are getting ready to start running immunos at our lab and we need to install a DI water system.  After talking to a friend who recently put in a system at his lab, I realize that there is a lot more to it than just simply putting a hole in the wall and tapping in some DI water.  Anways, we are going to start running them by hand but, eventually want to be able to use an automatic stainer.  Since the buffers require the use of DI water and it is recommended to it in the pressure cooker or decloaker for heat retrieval, we definitely need to put in a system.  We will most likely be starting out running just a handful of stains but, would like to be able to increase that number eventually. Can anyone tell me what type of water you use (ultrapure, Cap type 2 etc), how much water (gpm), how much space in your lab it requires, do you need a certain pressure, and any other helpful tips?
I appreciate it.  Thank you.

Jen Campbell

		information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the <br />
		individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further <br />

		disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any <br />
		disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a <br />
		violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, <br />
		please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas immediately at 214-456-4444 or via e-mail at <br />
		privacy <@t> childrens.com. Children's Medical Center Dallas and its affiliates hereby claim all <br />
		applicable privileges related to this information.</span><br />