[Histonet] Dako

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Thu Mar 12 15:05:50 CDT 2009

OK that's IT! I'm going to start using my spellchecker!

:)

Friday seems early this week, at least on this forum!

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
O'Donnell, Bill
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:51 PM
To: anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu; histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu;
jeff; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Dako

Actually, one of their greatest assets in the early days was their
customer service and the information they were able to offer on such a
new technology. I had many students (OJT)practically that gray
immunoperopxidase book (can't recall the name)they used to hand out.

Five years ago, when we went to ao formalin-free microwave processor, I
contacted them and asked if they would be willing to help me work out
the validations for IHC and was told they weren't interested.

Turns out, of course that I didn't need them anyway, but still, we were
buying a whole lotta stuff from them. Started firing them after that
response. So, do I have a bitter taste left behind - yes, but also some
fond memories of the "good old days" when they were the best game in
town.

Doubt they coould win my business back.

William (Bill) O'Donnell, HT (ASCP) QIHC Lead Histologist Good Samaritan
Hospital 10 East 31st Street Kearney, NE 68847