[Histonet] slide disposal

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Wed Mar 11 08:41:54 CDT 2009

We have a "broken glass" waste container we put ours in for pick up and
disposal (don't deal with non-animal patients, so not an issue).

-M

--On Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:56 AM -0400 Sharon Campbell
<SharonC <@t> celligent.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Thank you for all the great responses to my last question about metal
> vs. plastic molds. I have another question being debated however, How to
> dispose of slides once the required time is up (10 years for us). We
> have put the slide in sharps containers and then into biohazard, but are
> they really bioharzard, the slides only contain the patients accession
> number - no personal ID on the slides? How do you guys dispose of your
> slides when space and money are an issue?
>
> Thank you
>

> Sharon Campbell, HTL(ASCP)CM, BSBM
>
> Histology Supervisor
>
> Celligent Diagnostics, LLC
>
> Formerly Pathology Associates Services
>
> 101 East W.T. Harris Blvd, Suite 1212
>
> Charlotte, NC  28262
>
> 800-524-6779 ext. 104
>
> 704-970-3304 Direct Line
>
> sharonc <@t> celligent.net

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 Biomedical Research Building
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.