[Histonet] Cassettes and Processing and Fixation ~ Oh My!

Sean McBride smcbride <@t> cs.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 9 10:05:36 CDT 2009

Laura,

1.  Specimen size dictates to cassette size for our lab.
2.  Yes, we use sectioned racks & organize our specimens in sequential order
in case the marker is accidentally solvated during the processing.
3.  Again, specimen size and tissue type dictate to our fixation schedule,
but we never formalin fixate a specimen for only 5 minutes.  I prefer to
error on the side of caution.

~Sean McBride

Senior Researcher
Bone Tissue Engineering Center