[Histonet] HT exam

Katelin Lester katelin <@t> cuttingedgehistology.com
Fri Mar 6 13:22:02 CST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of MaryAnn
Dixon
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 10:53 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] HT exam

Hi everyone out there in Histoland,

Well, I'm getting close to my HT exam date and was wondering if any of
you had recently taken the exam.  I can't find any info on the test
itself as far as if it is weighted or just a straight 150 questions. Can
you flag questions and go back?  Do you know when you submit the test if
you have passed or not?  I've been told in the past that the computer
would just shut off and a screen would come up pass or fail.  Anyway, I
have been focusing on Frieda Carson as well as the AFIP manual.  Any
suggestions for a successful passing score?  I think you have to get a
minimum of 400.  Should I be concerned with microwave special stains?  I
would think the test is more old school.  Any helpful hints would be
truly appreciated.  Thanks!

MaryAnn Dixon BS

Biological Scientist

Anatomic Pathology