[Histonet] (no subject)

Della Speranza, Vinnie dellav <@t> musc.edu
Thu Mar 5 12:10:32 CST 2009

We are a 24 hour lab. Once you have a night shift I doubt you'll go back to a day only operation. Even the staff that may be resistant often don't want to go back to days. Think about it, the opportunity to do your work with no interruptions, no phone calls.  You can crank up the tunes and no one will complain. It's amazing how much work can be done sans interruptions.

Has it saved money? I'm confident it's prevented a boat load of overtime but we do pay a shift differential (still cheaper than OT).

No more complaints from the docs that the slides are late.
We also do most of our IHC staining at night so everyone's stains are ready first thing in the morning when the docs start arriving.

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina
165 Ashley Avenue  Suite 309
Charleston, South Carolina 29425
Tel: (843) 792-6353
Fax: (843) 792-8974

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Evans, Andria B.
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 12:55 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Does anyone run a third shift in their lab to relieve some stress on the 1st shift crew??  I am looking in to running one person on third.  I would like to know how it is working for you, has it reduced costs, has it increased turn around time...ect.  Thanks!!

Andria B Evans, HTL(ASCP)CM
Anatomic Pathology
York Hospital
1001 S. George Street
York, PA  17405
717-851-5006

"You can learn a lot more from listening than you can from talking.  Find someone with whom you don't agree in the slightest and ask them to explain themselves at length.  Then take a seat, shut your mouth, and don't argue back.  It's physically impossible to listen with your mouth open." -John Moe

"Maturity is accepting imperfections."

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email may contain confidential health information that is legally privileged.  This information is intended for the use of the named recipient(s). The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required to destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange disposition of the information.

This e-mail has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service, using Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on MCI's Managed Email  Content Service, visit http://www.mci.com.