[Histonet] aqueous mounting media

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu
Thu Mar 5 10:17:39 CST 2009

I use Aqua-Mount. I have never had a problem. It is from Lerner
Laboratories but I think you can get it from any major vendor.

Betsy Molinari HT(ASCP)
Texas Heart Institute
Cardiovascular Pathology
6770 Bertner Ave
Houston,TX 77030
832-355-6524
832-355-6812 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Michele
Wich
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:05 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] aqueous mounting media

Can anyone recommend a good aqueous mounting media for coverslipping Oil
Red O stained slides? We are currently using Dako's Faramount media, but
have been having problems with excessive air bubbles; especially, it
seems, in the tissues containing a lot of fat. I recently heard that
Dako's Glycergel is better for this type of application.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or
exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message
in error should notify the sender immediately and delete it from his or
her computer