[Histonet] Biocare intelliPATH

Pat Laurie foreightl <@t> gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:35:57 CST 2009

We just got an IntelliPath installed.  We are currently evaluating it Vs.
Ventana's Benchmark.  Currently, I have nothing but good things to say about
it.  The good things are

Cold spot for reagents unstable at room temperature
 •On-board reagent mixing vials
 •50 slides split into 5 simultaneous runs
Can run on a first in, first out basis, multiple 3 hour runs mean 150 slides
finished in 9 hours
Multiplex staining, (using the Biocare products) mean that dual or even more
stains take the same time as a single stain,
One of the best things is OPEN abilities.  Can use reagents from any source
– Dako, Leica Lab Vision and Ventana, etc
Full ability to modify detection protocol.  Retrieval, buffering, and
chromagen ancillaries can be from any possible kit or individual reagent.
And I must concur, the Installation and support is excellent.  If you need
any further info from me, I would be happy to help.

--
Patrick Laurie HT(ASCP)QIHC
Cellnetix Seattle, Wa