[Histonet] specimens

Webb, Dorothy L Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com
Mon Mar 2 12:37:52 CST 2009

The first problem was with the tech who removed thespecimens from the OR
without checking to make certain everything was included.  She/he should
never have left the OR without responding to the issue and that would
have taken the blame off of the histotechs.  We have OR bring specimens
to us and sign in with a label as used on the container, initial and
date/time everything.  The techs accepting specimens have to sign off
and accept responsibility at that point.  When we did go to the OR, a
few yaers ago, we had the same logbook in place there.  The OR personnel
had to sign everything in and when we picked the tissue up, we checked
each specimen off in the logbook with our initials and time/date.  Same
process, only in reverse.  Once anyone initialed the logbook, it was
that person's responsibility as to the specimen integrity.

Dorothy Webb, HT
Regions Histology Technical Supervisor
651-254-2962
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.