[Histonet] Quality assurance program

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Sun Mar 1 16:18:14 CST 2009

Look at the processes.
Human error is unavoidable.
Rarely will people deliberately make a mistake.
Remember that it is probably the process that is at fault.

Try to identify where the critical processes are, where mistakes are likely to happen and implement methods to minimise them.

Also remember that it not the individual that fails but the team, there fore the team finds the error and corrects it before it leaves its influence.

A great saying: "A Champion team will always defeat a team of champions"

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of kristen arvidson
Sent: Saturday, 28 February 2009 5:01 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Quality assurance program

I would like to do something different (more) than what we are doing right now with qa/qc.  We write everything down that we do so we can track it and then when there are mistakes I will talk to the person who makes them.  What are people doing in their labs to stop these mistakes in the first place? I know there are tools out there like L.E.A.N, but I was hoping to go another route for now.  I have added more check lists and made many process changes but sometimes I feel as though people need extra incentive to do well.  Sad but true.  Thanks for any help!!

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been
virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.