[Histonet] Pro-Par Clearant

Lynette Pavelich lpaveli1 <@t> hurleymc.com
Fri Jun 26 12:16:13 CDT 2009

Hi Ann,
We use ProPar on our Leica TP1050 and our Thermo Excelsior.  It works
very well.  You must use it according to manufacturer's recommendations.
 We replace after 5 uses on our large specimens such as uterus, breast,
etc. and after 8 uses for our small biopsies (a run of usually 20-40
specimens).  All xylene substitutes are not as tolerant of water as
xylene is, so for superb results, just as good as xylene, I recommend
you monitor the usage/quantity of specimens.

Hope this helped,
Lynette

>>> <thisisann <@t> aol.com> 06/26/09 12:04 PM >>>

Leica has informed me, yesterday,?that Pro-Par Clearant is the only
Xylene Substitute that they have validated for use on the Peloris.? Is
there anyone who is familiar with this clearing agent?? More importantly
is anyone using it as a clearant on the Peloris tissue processor?? Leica
is suggesting I use it on my small biopsy processing routine (2 hours
and 9 minutes utilizing recycled alcohols as well as my larger biopsy
processing routines 4 and 6 hours utilizing recycled alcohols).
Thank you,
Ann