[Histonet] Positive Patient ID

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:25:07 CDT 2009

Did you specifically ask what the inspectors wanted you to do to correct the deficiency? I cannot speak for the inspectors, but I believe the issue associated w/ your deficiency is that the patient and accession number are not entered into the LIS at the beginning of your process. not that you need an expensive barcoding system. There are multiple opportunities for duplication of accession numbers and a lack of tracking the case through your process. Again, I suggest you have a detaialed conversation with the inspectors to understand their reasoning for issuing the deficiency.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)