[Histonet] Leica CM1850uv

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Tue Jun 23 10:57:41 CDT 2009

     I also am using the CM1850, we have several of them in our hospital system.  We do not have ice build-up at all in any of them, and we are in a VERY HUMID and VERY HOT Florida.  I would suggest using another service rep.  Where are you located?  I could recommend a great service company in my area.
    As a desperate, short-term measure, you could put a cup of desiccant on the back of the work-area plate.
    Don't let the Turkeys get you down!
         Janet

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Demarinis, Carolyn
Sent: Tue 6/23/2009 11:28 AM
To: HISTONET <@t> PATHOLOGY.SWMED.EDU
Subject: [Histonet] Leica CM1850uv

We purchased a Leica CM1850uv cryostat in 2007 and we constantly have
problems with buildup of ice

on the specimen metal bar.   This causes the tissue to stick to the
stationary heat extractor which causes

significant problems cutting frozen sections.  The engineer has serviced
the machine several times, but

recognizes this as "normal ice buildup".

We manually defrost the unit 2-3 times a day, but it does not seem to
help.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, and if so, what are they
doing about it?  Thank you.

confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above.
that you have received this communication in error and that
any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying
of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify Saratoga Hospital
immediately by e-mail at privacy <@t> saratogacare.org and
destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.