[Histonet] Re: anti Brdu

Reynolds,Donna M dreynold <@t> mdanderson.org
Fri Jun 19 09:28:09 CDT 2009

We have used mouse anti-Brdu from Becton Dickinson for years.  It is still available from BD BioSciences Cat. 347580. I know it is made in mouse but we used an IgG1 secondary and always had good results. There may be some cytoplasmic label, probably background,  but you are interested in the nuclear staining and it is very distinct. We have used it on both frozen and paraffin processed tissues.

Donna Reynolds, HT (ASCP)
Dept. Cancer Biology
U.T. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston Tx
Message: 3
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:26:09 -0400
From: "Madary, Joseph" <MadaryJ <@t> MedImmune.com>
Subject: [Histonet] source for rat anti mouse brdu?
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

I have not done a brdu on mouse in five years.  Used Harlan but they are
not selling that anymore.  I used a procedure using rat anti mouse brdu
primary, rabbiot anti rat mouse adsorbed secondary, then ABC/DAB. Anyone
have any idea on a good source?  I used biocompare and found stuff but
would like to hear comments.  Also anyone use conjugated brdu?

Nick Madary, HT/HTL(ASCP)QIHC

Medimmune Histology Mgr,

OMW, Area 4, Lab 2438

301.398.4745(vm)