[Histonet] RNA In Situ Hybridization

Susan Bachus susanbachus <@t> verizon.net
Wed Jun 17 13:59:09 CDT 2009

Protocol #3 at this site is great for RNA probes:
http://intramural.nimh.nih.gov/lcmr/snge/Protocols/ISHH/ISHH.html
This protocol assumes fresh frozen tissue but can be used on fixed, paraffin
embedded tissue--obviously you would have to include a step at the beginning
to deparaffinize.   You might also want to look at HIER methods that can
improve results from fixed tissue.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bell, Pat" <Pat.Bell <@t> ucdenver.edu>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:35 PM
Subject: [Histonet] RNA In Situ Hybridization

I want to learn to do In Situ Hybridization using RNA probes in formalin
fixed, paraffin embedded tissues. I have the Dako Autostainer, but I know
that some of the procedure would be done manually.

I would appreciate any protocols that would help me.

Thank you for your help.
Pat

Pat Bell HT(ASCP)
Medical Oncology; MS 8117