[Histonet] Low pH HIER -- Tris-HCl buffer

emerald_lake77 <@t> yahoo.com emerald_lake77 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 14:48:14 CDT 2009

Hello all,

Has anyone ever tried using a Tris buffer solution at very low pH (pH 1 or 2) to retrieve epitopes whether through a microwave, steamer or pressure cooker?  I am trying to retrieve 10%NBF, 24-48 hr fixed mouse and rat tissue for an antigen that papers and books suggest should be retrieved using low pH Tris buffer.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience(s) to share ... buffer solution recipes and subsequent positive or negative (e.g. poor) results.

Thank you.

Gustave

Gustave T. Hebert
Research Scientist I