[Histonet] from PLEASE HELP

DELIA GARCIA deliadfam <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 23:45:41 CDT 2009

Thank you all for your imput. I tried thinning out the sections to 3 mircrons and for some reason cut a bit better. There's a few more things you all mentioned Im going to try. The thing with the punch biopsies is that when when i'm cutting the frozen the actual tissue is what curls leaving a hole in the OTC with a tightly curled piece of tissue in the middle. Very hard to try to brush it out. I have no problem cutting shaves or excisions but the punches are something else. A little more info.... They come in Michel's fixative, I embed in OCT,  freeze, cut and place in acetone for 10 min.. Skin punches is usually what I get on a FITC request. Again thanks I'm glad I shared this issue with you.

Delia