[Histonet] FW: Order Entry - Meditech

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Tue Jul 28 08:10:34 CDT 2009

I think I know the answer, but at the risk of sounding quite ignorant, can
you guys tell me why you'd want to separate 'like' specimen?

To me, at least, manually accessioning a case is an awful steep price to pay
for this desire.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 270.423.0968

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Fye Beth
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:52 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: AHutton <@t> dh.org
Subject: [Histonet] FW: Order Entry - Meditech

Allison,

  We have not implemented Order Entry for Surgical Pathology as of yet, but
it is on the wish list for later this year.  We do however, currently do our
Cytology Specimens this way.  The case is ordered under OE but it is still
accessioned once received in the laboratory, so the accession number is
assigned there.  That would allow you to keep like cases separated.  Please
keep me informed of your progress, I would love to learn from your
experience.

Beth A. Fye, CT (ASCP)
Pathology Technical  Manager
HCA Richmond Hospital Laboratories